Today, my boarding house almost got burned and I could have died.
At 12 noon today, I put my kettle on the stove to cook something. Then I lay down to rest, not intending to sleep. Unfortunately, I was so tired that I fell asleep. I was alone. When I woke up it was 2 p.m. I did not even remember that I cooked something. Looking at my watch, I hurried to reach for my keys to proceed to my class afraid to be late. I was about to go out to leave my house when a tiny voice pushed me to go to the kitchen even if I didn't have any purpose at all. I istened and followed it. And lo and behold, I discovered my kettle turning black and smoke coming up. Even the cover turned black. The jackfruit seeds I was cooking were charred to the max. There was no smell I ever noticed because i used a kettle that was so tightly closed and thick. Wow! I whispered a prayer of thanks and even shouted the phrase "Thank you God for saving my life once again." My boarding house could have burned and I could have died too. "GOD IS SO GOOD TO ME." I know it was God's angel who woke me up and told me to come back to my kitchen to save my boarding house and my life. What a gracious God we have!